About This Episode
Host Josh Hoffman talks with Nick Longo, a creative executive with more than 20 years experience in the design and retail industry, as well as the founder of Longo Designs.
Josh and Nick cover a lot in this episode, including:
- How freelancers can deal with the potential threat of freelance marketplace websites
- The importance of being passionate, but “not precious”
- How to avoid getting stiffed by a client
- Using Dropbox to make client relations more efficient
- The essence of a personal brand (Spoiler: It's not your talents or services.)
- The Deeply Graphic DesignCast (Nick's podcast)
- Dropbox (recommended digital tool)
- Adobe MAX—The Creativity Conference
- Amazon Echo (recommended digital tool)
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle (recommended book)
- Longo Designs (Nick's website)
- @LongoDesigns (Nick on Instagram)
Quotes From This Episode
- "You cannot compare the service you give as a freelance professional to these online, very cheap, very quick, inexperienced people who are doing the work for a lot less. Don't feel threatened by that."
- "As long as you are prepared and do your homework and lay out a plan in advance, it can happen."
- "You're worth the shot to try."
- "What's going to keep people coming back is the service you provide, that partnership you provide, and you being something they depend on."
- "When you create something and it changes people's lives, or enhances people's lives ... being able to do that inspires me."
- "Be passionate, but do not be precious."
- "Be a destination that people will look at and say, 'That person will solve my problem. That person will do something great for me and make my life a little easier.'"
About the Show
Hosted by Epic Freelancing founder Josh Hoffman, Epic Freelancing: The Podcast takes you inside the minds of epic freelancers.
Epic Freelancing is the go-to resource for freelancers who want to achieve financial success, creative freedom and lifestyle design.
Never Miss an Episode
To get the latest episodes of Epic Freelancing: The Podcast, subscribe via: