About This Episode
Host Josh Hoffman talks with Brent Jones, a blogger and freelance social media manager who lives in Fort Erie, Canada.
- Fiverr (recommended digital tool)
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip Heath and Dan Heath (recommended book)
- Brent Jones' blog
Quotes From This Episode
- "I'm a big believer in that your business goals should always match up with what you're looking to accomplish personally."
- "When I really got clear on who it was I was serving, and who I had the hours in the day to serve, it made it a lot easier for me to spend my time targeting the right type of prospective clients that I want to have a conversation with."
- "I describe myself as a mall food court: For my business, I provide food that's tasty, filling, easy to get your hands on, and it's easy for me to hire help in my kitchen, because I don't need gourmet-level chefs to help me prepare the food. You don't have to be the steakhouse of freelancers."
- "Most of our lives, we spend living our day-to-day, so we have to give some thought as to what does that day-to-day look like."
- "If you don't know what to do, the best thing to do is nothing. Sometimes it's worth taking an extra day to wait and think before you actually act."
- "Sometimes the answers to the big problems we have in life are a very small switch, a very small change that can bring about huge results."
About the Show
Hosted by Epic Freelancing founder Josh Hoffman, Epic Freelancing: The Podcast takes you inside the minds of epic freelancers.
Epic Freelancing is the go-to resource for freelancers who want to achieve financial success, creative freedom and lifestyle design.
Never Miss an Episode
To get the latest episodes of Epic Freelancing: The Podcast, subscribe via: